Flop road show of Modi was Varanasi's reply to his lies: Rahul
Jaunpur: Describing Prime Minister Narendra Modi's March 4 road show in Varanasi as 'flop', Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Sunday claimed that the PM is like an old diesel engine which requires a heater to get started.
"PM Modi's flop road show was people's reply to his lies that he has been boasting over the 2.5 years of his government at the Centre. To undo the damage, he is again holding a road show in his parliamentary constituency," said the Congress scion while addressing a public meeting here
"His situation is like an old diesel engine which does not start without a heater," he added.
Rahul blamed the Prime Minister of ditching the youth, saying, "Modi had promised to give two crore jobs to the youths of the country after coming to power at the Centre. But he did not fulfill his promise."
He also slammed the Modi government for not providing any help to the poor farmers of the country.
"The Centre does not give a penny to the farmers whose crops get destroyed by hailstorm. Due to the wrong policies of the Modi government, the farmers have to sell their crop of potatoes at Rs 2 per kg and then buy it from the vegetable market at Rs 20 per kg for consumption," he said, adding, "I promise you all that after winning the UP polls, the Samajwadi Party-Congress government will firstly address the problems of the farmers."
What else Rahul Gandhi said?
- Over the past 2.5 years, farmers did not get anything but the 50 richest families of the country have been given Rs 1.40 lakh crore.
- The Centre will also waive off loans worth Rs 6 lakh crore of these rich families in next six months.
- The amount of money PM Modi has transferred to the rich families, our government will give to the youth for increasing the employment opportunities in the state.
- We will establish factories in the state to produce lakhs of jobs here.
- We will also export the UP-made products to the entire world to make the state a global brand.