Over 90 per cent people have turned poor due to demonetisation: Mayawati
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati on Saturday lashed out at the Centre for promoting cashless economy at a time when his Demonetisation move has made over 90 per cent people poor.
Reiterating that her party is completely against black money, the BSP Supremo said that the move has note only made people suffer a lot but has also created a 'Bharat Band' like situation in the country.
Speaking at a press conference here, Mayawati said that over 90 per cent of people stand in queues daily to withdraw their own money.
What else Mayawati said?
- Prime Minister Narendra Mod's demonetisation scheme was ill-conceived . It was launched without proper planning.
- Black Money is stashed with few industrialists in the country; Why isn't the government putting them behind the bars?
- Just to cover up its failure, BJP has put 90 per cent population of India into serious trouble.
- BJP has accused BSP of stashing black money but people out there know that we are a party committed to poor, dalits, farmers and deprived.
- The demonetisation step has been taken only in view of political gains.
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had made several promises during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Those include employement for youths, Cut in prices of commodities, bringing back black money stashed in foreign accounts and free homes to poor.
- Not even a single promise has been fulfilled by the BJP government.