Demonetisation will boomerang on BJP: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday reiterated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi government's decision of demonetisation is bound to boomerang on the Centre.
He warned the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) that they would see the aftermath of their government's November 8 decision in the UP Assembly polls as it has led to a cash crunch in the entire country.
"As the Uttar Pradesh elections are round the corner, the aggrieved people of the state will avenge the problems they have suffered due to the note ban decision of the Centre," stated Akhilesh Yadav, while addressing a function organised here to distribute e-rickshaws and allotment letter of houses under Aasra scheme to poor.
Claiming that PM Modi's decision of scrapping the high denomination notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 has only troubled the honest people of the country, CM Akhilesh said, "The common people are extremely unhappy with this decision as they have not seen any affluent person in the bank or ATM queues. Such people don’t go to the banks but banks come to them."
What else UP CM Akhilesh Yadav said?
- What is the definition of "Acche Din"? Please tell us.
- As the elections are approaching, nobody is sure where you (PM Modi) would launch a surgical strike.
- The note ban has stopped country's growth.
- They (BJP) come up with new promises and slogans in every election but I appeal you all not to get lured by their talks this time.
- We are most eagerly waiting for BJP's new chants.
- People are making false claims that we inaugurated Lucknow Metro with more than half of its work pending.
- When we have already completed 80 per cent of the projects, why will we not inaugurate these?
- On winning the upcoming UP Assembly elections, we promise to provide 24-hour electricity to all the villages across the state.
- When the Delhi-based journalists will come to UP to cover the elections, they will also say that Samajwadi Party should regain power after looking at the development works done by our government.
Akhilesh Yadav said that his government has augmented the police force by providing new vehicles and other modern technology as well as starting first of its kind ambulance service in the state.