Daughter lands Gayatri Prajapati into Lokayukta net again
Lucknow: A fresh complaint has been lodged against Uttar Pradesh mining minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati with Lokayukta—this time for providing ‘Kanya Vidya Dhan’ to his daughter.
It is a common knowledge that Kanya Vidya Dhan is given to the girls coming from weaker section of the society but it is given to Gayatri’s daughter despite his declared assets worth Rs 1.8 crores.
- Gayatri Prajapati has earlier faced corruption probe by the Lokayukta.
- He had filed an affidavit during 2012 assembly election declaring his assets worth Rs 1.83 crore.
- One Rajneesh Kumar Singh, a native of Faizabad district has filed the complaint that his daughter was given the ‘Kanya Vidya Dhan’, meant for weaker section.
- He said that the minister cannot plead ignorance in the matter as under the scheme, the parents and the principal of the institution have to furnish affidavits.
- Rajneesh Singh filed the complaint on March 8 last on which he was verbally assured of a proper follow up.
- A complaint was filed against Prajapati in a disproportionate asset case in 2012.
- The complaint was filed by one Om Shankar Dwivedi.
- An allegation of selling the land of Gram Samaj was also made against him.
- A woman alleged Gayatri’s son Anurag for her abuction.