A new knight joins the poster war in PM's constituency,Varanasi
Varanasi: The poster war among the political parties in India now has included one more knight in the form of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
A controversial poster of Kumar was waved in Prime Minister’s constituency, Varanasi, featuring him as Arjun of Mahabharat.
The poster also features politician Sharad Yadav as lord Krishna.
The Janta Dal (United) chief is scheduled to visit Varanasi on May 12 to attend a conference of party workers.
Motive of Varanasi visit:
- The Bihar Chief Minister has decided to start his campaign for 2017 elections from Bihar.
- Nitish is scheduled to address a public rally in Pindra tehsil in this district before attending the workers conference.
- JD (U) spokesperson has stated that Nitish is also planning to reveal some "truths"about Narendra Modi at the conference.
- “Party may emulate the Bihar strategy of ‘Mahagathbandhan’ to stop Bhartiya Janata Party winning the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections,” a JD (U) Rajya Sabha member ,Ali Anwar Ansari, stated.
President will also visit to Varanasi on May 12:
- President Pranab Mukherjee will also be visiting Kashi, on Thursday, to attend the 'Ganga descent day' celebrations.
- He will also participate in the celebrations of Ganga Saptami at Dashaswamedh Ghat, Varanasi on May 13 before returning to Delhi, a press release issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
To read about President's visit to Varanasi, click, President Mukherjee to visit Varanasi on ‘Ganga descent day’