Congress to launch second phase poll campaign in UP from Aug 21
Lucknow: Announcing the second phase of poll campaign in Uttar Pradesh from August 21, Congress on Wednesday cleared its stand that the party won’t entertain alliance with any party in the state.
Launching a scathing attack over the opposition parties including the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP), Congress said that politics of division is at crescendo in the state and those participating in it are SP, BSP and BJP.
What else Congress said?
- Congress General Secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad said that the second phase of election campaign in Uttar Pradesh will begin from August 21 and continue till October 9
- Nearly 65 districts will be covered during the second phase of the campaign
- Rest of the districts were covered in the first phase
- We received enormous love and support during the first phase and we are hoping for the same again
UP CM face from Congress Sheila Dikshit hits at SP, BSP and BJP:
- SP, BSP and BJP are involved in the divisive politics in the state
- Congress always aims of taking everybody together
- Congress will form the government by uniting the society
Sheila Dikshit on alliance with Mayawati’s BSP:
- We are not focusing on any alliance right now
- There is no question of getting into an alliance with any the three parties
Those participating during the Congress’ second phase of campaign along with Azad and Dikshit include state party chief Raj Babbar, Congress leaders Rita Bahuguna Joshi, Pramod Tiwari and Salman Khurshid and others.