Cong challenges Modi government for a debate on its performance
New Delhi: In an attempt to take the winds out of Bhartiya Janata Party’s (BJP’s) sail, the Congress party on Friday challenged the Modi government for a debate on its performance in the last two years.
“We challenge them (BJP) for a debate on two years of BJP led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) – BJP government at any time and any place of their choice,” said party’s spokesman Manish Tewari while talking to media persons in the national capital.
“We would like to remind the BJP leaders about the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) scam, Bank of Baroda scam, Vyapam scam, the Vijay Mallya escapade, Lalit Gate and the Chhattisgarh Public Distribution System (PDS) scam, where several dozens of whistle blowers were killed. In fact, these are some of the shining examples of Modi government’s achievements,” added Tewari.
What else the Congress spokesman said:
- Tewari accused Modi government of misusing the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and other agencies against its opponents.
- He claimed that several scams took place in two years of Modi regime.
- There was ‘policy paralysis’ during the Modi government’s rule in Center.
- The number of stalled projects rose to highest in these two years.
- No domestic investment has taken place.