Congress appoints Ghulam Nabi Azad as in-charge of UP
Lucknow: After roping in the poll strategist Prashant Kishor, Congress Party has made a major organizational change by appointing senior leader Ghulam Nabi Azad as the in-charge of Uttar Pradesh.
Azad, the leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha, has replaced Madhusudhan Mistry. Sources close to the party say that this is just a beginning and major changes will be observed among Congress state wing by the end of this month.
The PK Effect:
- Entry of Prashant Kishor (PK) was indigestible to several leaders among the party
- Leaders even blamed that hierarchy gave UP Congress’ command to a contractor
- PK managed campaigns for PM Narendra Modi in 2014 general elections and Bihar CM Nitish Kumar during the state polls last year
- Several big changes are expected in UP Congress in near future
- Sources say that Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul consulted Madhusudhan Mistry before replacing him