Case filed against Congress for violating sec 144 during RaGa show
Moradabad: Police has registered a case against Congress District President AP Singh for organizing the road show of party Vice President Rahul Gandhi despite being denied permission by district administration.
Case has also been filed against 100 others for breaching section 144.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Moradabad, Nitin Tiwari said, “Congress was denied permission to hold Rahul Gandhi’s road show. A case has been filed under section 144 at Mugalpura police station.”
He said, “Congress district unit, however, was asked to hold the rally on the NH-24.”
What Congress said?
- Congress city president Anubhav Malhotra said that we were aware about the denial of necessary permission but our aim was to have a smooth road show and it went exactly the same way.
- We are ready to face legal proceedings.
What Rahul said during the road show?
- Road show of Congress Vice President started from Jama Masjid and ended at Jain Mandir passing through IC Chowk, Mandi Chowk, Shaheed Smarak and Loha Gate.
- It was the 23rd day of his 2500-km 'Kisan Yatra'
- Rahul accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of "working" for industrialists.
- He asked people to support Congress as it was a "secular" party.