BJP should have provided tickets to Muslims in UP, says Mukhtar Naqvi
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party Union minister of state for minority affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that it would have been better if BJP should have provided tickets to Muslims.
Naqvi while addressing a press conference here, on Monday, said , "It would be better if the Lotus brigade would have given the ticket to Muslims. If we come to power, we will solve all the problems faced by Muslims."
It may be mentioned that, earlier, other senior leaders of the party had also said that the BJP has made mistake by not giving tickets to Muslims.
What Uma Bharti said?
- I am feeling sorry for the Muslim aspirants who should have been fielded by the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- I had a talk over the same with Amit Shah and Keshav Prasad Maurya.
- Rajnath Singh’s stand was correct. We should have given tickets to Muslims.
What Rajnath Singh had said?
- We have given tickets to Muslims in other states and I think we should have done the same in UP elections, also.
- This was BJP Parliamentary Board’s decision, so I did not intervene.
Proceedings of the five phase of elections in UP have been completed and the polling for sixth and seventh phase will take place on March 4 and March 8 respectively. The results will be declared on March 11.