BJP's election manifesto for UP Polls is 'pack of lies': Mayawati
Lucknow: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Supremo Mayawati on Saturday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party of befooling the people by announcing a manifesto which is full of lies and joomlas.
"The election manifesto for 2017 polls is nothing but a pack of lies," Mayawati stated.
Speaking at a press conference here, the BSP chief said that the saffron brigade has no right to present the manifesto, especially when it has completely failed to fullfill its promises made in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Mayawati said that BJP is committed towards ending the reservation for Dalits and tribal communities.
Over BJP's claim of constructing the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, Mayawati said that the matter is in the Supreme Court and it would be the court's verdict which will decide over the Ram Mandir issue.
What else Mayawati said?
- Centre's demonetisation move was to shift the attention from the government's failure of tackling unemployement and price rise.
- Demonetisation has only increased the problems for poor and farmers.
- BJP now don't even remember its promise of providing shelter to poor and Rs 15 lakhs in the accounts.
- Uttar Pradesh will turn into a corruption hub if BJP government comes to power in the state.
- People know how BJP helped Lalit Modi and Vijay Mallya to flee from the country.
- BJP should look at themselves before accusing others of shielding criminals.