Baliyan warns police to take action in 3 days in Muzaffarnagar
Meerut/Muzaffarnagar: Union Minister of State for Agriculture, Food Processing Industries, Sanjeev Baliyan has warned the police to arrest the accused of Kailawada gang rape case of Muzaffarnagar district in Uttar Pradesh.
Describing the incident as 'unfortunate' ,the Union Minister while talking to the reporters here on wednesday , said it was yet another attempt to disturb the tranquility of the region. He also demanded to invoke National Security Act (NSA) against the accused.
About Baliyan’s visit:
- Reached here with his hundreds of supporters.
- Met the relatives of gang rape victim.
- Accused UP government of breaching the peace in western UP
- Demanded NSA against the accused.
- Gave police a time of three days to arrest the accused.
About the incident:
- A girl was gang raped few days back in Kailawada village under Khatauli police station of the district.
- Accused floated the MMS clip of the girl on social media sites.
- Six youths of the same village are accused of gang rape.
- 2 have been arrested while four of them are still absconding.
- Police has registered the statement of girl after medical examination.
- Situation is tense in the village as accused belong to other community.
- PAC and additional police forces have been deployed in the village in the view of sensitivity of case.
- This is the fourth incident which led to communal tension in the district in recent times.
Sajeev Baliyan is Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP from Muzaffarnagar Lok Sabha constituency.