Azam Khan lambasts PM Modi over demonetisation
Rampur: Uttar Pradesh cabinet minister Azam Khan on Sunday slammed the Centre over demonetisation, saying that the decision was aimed at benefitting a selected group of people while the rest of the country is suffering.
The senior Samajwadi Party (SP) leader, who was in Suar Vidhan Sabha region for inaugurating an ITI institute, also pointed out the state government's inability to pay the salaries of the staffs due to Prime Minister Narendra Modi government's November 8 decision of scrapping high denomination currency notes.
What Azam Khan said:
- Demonetisation has never happened anywhere in the world.
- The decision has stalled development works across the country.
- New currency notes worth crores of rupees are being seized across the country and the state government hasn't enough money to clear its staffs' salaries.
- Every day, people are being caught with black money. Modi ji should tell who are they as none of them belongs to Samajwadi Party.
Everyone is suffering:
- Modi ji banned the cooperative banks from exchanging scrapped currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 in the wake of upcoming UP Assembly polls 2017.
- Cooperative banks are a campaign related to the Samajwadies, farmers and labourers of the state.
- Demonetisation has also weakened the cooperative system of the state as farmers are facing problems in buying fertilisers and seeds.
- UP people are not fools and they can see who has caused losses to them.