Amit Shah slams SP-Congress for practicing dynasty politics
Lucknow: Slamming the Congress and Samajwadi Party (SP), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Amit Shah on Sunday said these political outfits have lost the faith of people as they never maintained internal democracy.
"People in India know that after Sonia Gandhi, Rahul will take over the reins of Congress. Similarly, Akhilesh is now heading the SP after his father Mulayam Singh Yadav. On the other hand, the next BJP chief, after me, would be someone not from my family. The only criteria would be his talent and reliability to hold the pole position in the party," said Amit Shah at an event here, in presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, his deputies Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma and several other ministers.
"Be it any party, it must always maintain its internal democracy. If it does not do so, it cannot serve the democracy of the nation," he added.
Taking a dig Manmohan Singh, Shah said people never considered him as the PM of the country, but on the other hand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not only won nation's love but has helped the country get recognition at the international level.
Pitching that no party in the state worked for the development, Amit Shah asserted the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government implemented 106 schemes for the benefit of poor, oppressed and women.
"The Centre has launched 106 schemes in the first three years of its regime for the welfare of poor, oppressed and women, and we will ensure that the benefits of these schemes reach out to the last person of the country," he said.
What else Amit Shah said?
- UP will develop under the leadership of Yogi Adityanath.
- Will ensure all villages get electricity by May 2018.
- Our government at the Centre has majorly affected black-money hoarders by demonetization.
- ISRO has established India as a global leader by launching 104 satellites.
- We have ensured construction of 4.5 crore toilets across the country.
- BJP has only campaigned to solve the national issues.
- The foreign and defence policies of the previous governments were leading the government in the wrong direction.
- BJP has attached culture with the nationalism.
Speaking at the event, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath thanked and congratulated Amit Shah for leading BJP to an emphatic win in the Vidhan Sabha election in Uttar Pradesh.
What else Yogi Adityanath said?
- I want people to be more vigilant towards good governance.
- After the results of previous UP elections, nobody believed BJP would come to power in the state.
- But it was Amit Shah and his strategies which helped the party to register a historic mandate.
- His experience is enormously helping the state government.
- We have got his help in dealing with the farmers' issue efficiently.
- UP was observing 'jungle-raj' under the SP government, but now our government has established good governance here.
- We believe in 'Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas' and not appeasement politics.
- We have introduced the biggest budget in the history of the state.
- 70 per cent of the country is currently enjoying good governance.
- The whole country will have the same days in near future.
What Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya said?
- Our Prime Minister (Narendra Modi) has not taken a single day off since taking the charge of the office.
- He is selflessly working for the betterment of the country.
- Our government in Uttar Pradesh has also diminished the 'gundaraj' from the state.
- The law and order situation has also been improved a lot.