Amit Shah to meet Dalits at Dhamma Yatra concluding ceremony
Kanpur: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Amit Shah on Friday will attend the concluding ceremony of six-month long Dhamma Chetna Yatra that began on April 24th in view of Baba Saheb Bheemrao Ambedkar's 125th birth anniversary.
It may be mentioned that the event will observe a large presence of Dailts who have converted to Buddhism.
Amit Shah's presence at Palika Stadium here would be marked as BJP's yet another effort to reach out the people of a particular community ahead of the 2017 assembly elections.
Closing ceremony of Dhamma Chetna Yatra:
- Amit Shah will felicitate 110 monks at the event.
- Nearly 30,000 people are expected to participate in the event.
What the Kanpur BJP president Surendra Maithani said?
- The programme is aimed to reach out to Dalits and understand their problems.
- There is no political motive behind Shah's visit at the event.
- Yatra is not related to the upcoming elections in the state.
- Event will also be attended by state BJP leaders.