Senior SP leader Ambika Chaudhary joins the BSP
The party leader addressed media in the natio1nal capital announcing the decision and stated, "I have resigned from SP and all positions related to the party and have dedicated myself completely to BSP now
Lucknow: Giving a major jolt to Samajwadi Party, senior leader Ambika Chaudhary joined Bahujan Samaj Party on Saturday. He has also been declared as the BSP candidate from Phephna constituency in Ballia district of Uttar Pradesh.
The party leader addressed media in the national capital announcing the decision and stated, "I have resigned from SP and all positions related to the party. I have dedicated myself completely to the BSP now."
BSP Supremo, today, hosted the welcoming ceremony of Chaudhary in the party.
What Chaudhary said:
- I was attached with the Samajwadi Party since last 25 years but the incidents happened in last few days have disappointed me a lot.
- I am obliged that Mayawati accepted me in the party and selected me as the assembly candidate.
- What Akhilesh Yadav did with his father is totally unacceptable. This is not the behaviour that a son should do with his father.
- Akhilesh is an anti-Muslim person and this has been accepted by Netaji himself.
- I have joined BSP to fight the communal fources active in the state and the country. This communal mindset is internally damaging the unity of the people.
- We should prevent Bharatiya Janata Party from entering the state.
- Netaji himself had said that some SP leaders are supporting the BJP to save themselves from the CBI inquiry.
It may be mentioned that the Ballia district would go to polls in the sixth phase of the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections. The voting would take place on March 4.