Amar Singh feels humiliated in SP; threatens to resign
New Delhi: After Shivpal Singh Yadav, another party leader Amar Singh accused chief minister Akhilesh Yadav of showing disrespect to seniors. The Samajwadi Party (SP) Rajya Sabha member has even threatened to resign from the upper house for his 'unchief-minister-like style of functioning'.
In an exclusive interview with a leading Hindi news channel Aaj Tak, Amar Singh expressed his displeasure over Akhilesh Yadav’s behaviour towards some of the senior party leaders including Jayaprada.
Calling former Bharatiya Janata Party leader Navjot Singh Sidhu his idol, Amar Singh hinted at giving his resignation to the Rajya Sabha speaker Hamid Ansari after discussions with the party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav.
What Amar Singh said?
- It is difficult to talk to Akhilesh Yadav even on phone
- CM’s secretary says that he will convey my message to him
- I am facing humiliation in the party and now I think that it was wrong on my part to grab the Rajya Sabha seat
- Not only me, but also Balram Yadav and Shivpal Yadav are being insulted in the party
Will discuss the matter with Mulayam Singh Yadav, says Amar Singh
- I have a good rapport with the SP chief
- I am in the party just because of Mulayam Singh Yadav
- I will discuss the issues with him and only then decide on the resignation issue