Shivpal and I stand in support of Akhilesh Yadav, says Amar Singh
Lucknow: Speaking his heart out, expelled Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh on Friday slammed the allegations of being a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) agent and announced that Shivpal Yadav and me extended unconditional support to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
An emotional Amar Singh said, "People who are responsible for the entire brawl within in the party have become CM's well-wishers and those who brought him up have become his enemies."
What else Amar Singh said?
- CM Akhilesh was just 4-year-old since Shivpal have brought him up.
- I have contributed to his education and personal grooming.
- Pointing towards Kiron Moy Nanda, he said there is a senior vice president in SP who cannot speak Hindi properly and alleges 'Amar Singh has come back to the party to do business'.
- They can check my financial records. I have not done any business with the help of the party.
- They call me BJP-agent. I have never practised back-door politics in my entire life.
Attacking on Ansari brothers, Amar Singh said that when Mukhtar Ansari and his brothers were with Shivpal Yadav, they were called tainted leaders, and once they shifted their support to Akhilesh Yadav, they became taintless.
He also condemned those who are claiming that Akhilesh Yadav shares higher status than Mulayam Singh as he has outnumbered his father in terms of MLA's support, saying, "A person's status cannot be defined by the numbers but only by individuality." Amar Singh also said it hurts the most when the wound is given by the close ones.
According to the sources, in a meeting held at Mulayam Singh's residence in Lucknow, Amar Singh and Shivpal Yadav tried to convince the party chief to support son Akhilesh Yadav as Samajwadi Party's national president but the veteran leader did not agree.
The sources also claimed that Azam Khan is still trying to plot a truce between Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh Yadav.