Akhilesh Yadav attacks PM Modi's demonetisation strategy
The Uttar Pradesh CM said that the Centre’s efforts to counter black money have failed. “Black Money should be exposed and I appreciate that the government at Centre has taken a step towards it but there was a lack of planning in implementing the strategy,” said Yadav
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday attacked the demonetisation strategy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Uttar Pradesh CM said that the Centre’s efforts to counter black money have failed. “Black Money should be exposed and I appreciate that the government at Centre has taken a step towards it but there was a lack of planning in implementing the strategy,” said Yadav.
Taking dig when asked about what he took for breakfast the CM said, “Who has time for Breakfast? The mornings are spent standing in long queues of banks.”
The CM, stated, “The new currency notes have not arrived in Uttar Pradesh. Banks have shortage of the new denomination notes.”
Yadav attacked PM Modi and said this move has created trouble for common people. “PM wants to declare everyone as black money holder,” the CM said.
Akhilesh on rumours about salt:
- I think the rumours could have been spread by the people of BJP or RSS.
- Our work is to check the inconvenience caused to UPiites and maintain the calmness in the state. The administration is performing its duties well.
What else Akhilesh Yadav said:
- While addressing audience in ‘Shikhar Samagam function’, Akhilesh yadav said, We are also against black money holders but the steps that puts commoners in stress should not be taken.
- The government should not have banned the old currency notes in the country. We all know where the real black money is.
- BJP did not even attempt to work in Uttar Pradesh.
- Samajwadi Party has worked a lot and the development of UP has gone beyond Lucknow and Noida.
- SP has created employment by establishing new medical institutes and recruiting new police personnel.
- The expressway was completed in 22 months and Ganga over-bridge was completed in 12 months during SP tenure.
Those who had claimed to bring ‘Acche Din’ were not been able to generate more than 2 per cent employment in the country.
- The government at centre has failed to provide internal security in the nation. Kashmir is suffering since last 100 days.
- Media too is not safe in the country.
- I have worked for the state and want to come back as a lot of work is still to be completed. Our government has worked better than the Centre.
- We have provided metro to 4 cities and want to provide this facility in 4 more cities of the state.
- We fulfilled our promise of providing laptops to youth and if we would come to power we will also distribute the mobile phones.
Akhilesh on Yadav family fued:
- I would not comment anything on this matter as it will include outsiders also.
- Yadav family is together and would remain united. There is no fight amongst us.
Akhilesh on Mayawati:
I think I should not comment on ‘Buaji’. I can only say that anyone who would reach out to her would never come empty handed.