Mulayam strives to keep its family flock intact: may restore some decisions
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party President Mulayam Singh Yadav will not let it go so easily. An astute politician and a strict patron of the ruling Samajwadi Party as he is, Mulayam is going to display tougher part of his persona to provide logical end to the ongoing dispute between Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and SP state President Shivpal Singh Yadav. If sources are to be believed, Mulayam has already convinced Shivpal about what he thinks is right and the latter also expressed full faith in the decision making of the former saying '' what Netaji will ask me to do, I will do.''
He is likely to speak to his son and the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav who took away all major portfolios from his uncle Shivpal after the latter replaced him as state SP president.
On Wednesday, Shivpal had met Mulayam at his Delhi residence and had a long meeting with him. Emerging from the meeting, Shivpal had already stated that he would not going to resign from party posts thereby indicating, he would continue to be state party chief. President. The political grapevine also suggests that he might get back his former portfolios of PWD, Irrigation and Cooperatives.
Reasons of the clash:
- On June 21, Shivpal had merged Mukhtar Ansari’s Quami Ekta Dal (QED) and Samajwadi Party (SP).
- Opposing Shivpal’s step, Akhilesh had cancelled the merger.
- On August 14, Shivpal had raised the issue of brokerage and created a furore in political circle by saying that he would resign from the party if atrocities against deprived are not stopped.
- Party Chief Mulayam Singh Yadav had also held Akhilesh led Uttar Pradesh government responsible for this on Independence Day at party office.
- Shivpal had diluted the issue, saying ‘all is well within the party and Samajwadi family’.
- Shivpal had said no one including Akhilesh Yadav could stop the merger of QED-SP merger.
- Calling Akhilesh inexperienced, Shivpal had said that former is too young and learning politics.
The present scenario:
- On September 12 (Monday), Akhilesh sacked Mining Minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati and Panchayati Raj Minister Raj Kishor Singh.
- Akhilesh, on Tuesday, removed Chief Secretary Deepak Singhal and posted Rahul Bhatnagar as the new CS.
- Hours after Akhilesh’s step, Mulayam appointed Shivpal as the Samajwadi Party State President by Mulayam replacing Akhilesh Yadav.
- After this Akhilesh, in an unexpected manner, stripped his uncle Shivpal of important portfolios of PWD and irrigation and handed him less important portfolios.