Dadri accused Sisodia cremated after govt assures help for family
According to the senior police officer," The family said that they will not cremate the body if we would not arrest Mohommad. They also refused to take Rs10 lakh that was offered by the state government and demanded Rs one crore as a compensation."
Bisara: Ravin Sisodia, an accused in Akhlaq murder case, was cremated on Friday at around 6.30 pm after the deceased family was assured of all possible help from the state government.
BJP leader Sangeet Som was also present during the funeral.
Demands accepted by the family members:
- Government will provide Rs 20 lakh ex-gratia to the family of deceased.
- Ravin's wife will get a government job.
- Free education for Ravin's child.
Earlier in the day, the family of Ravin Sisodia, who died in police custody, refused to cremate him unless the UP government pays Rs one crore as a compensation, arrest Jaan Mohommad (Akhlaq's Brother), orders CBI probe and takes action against the officer of the Greater Noida Jail where he was lodged.
- Bisara village residents took out a candlelight march.
- No-entry allowed for the vehicles that don't belong to Bisara village.
- NP Singh, District manager of Gautam Budh Nagar was in regular contact with Ravin's father.
- Provincial Armed force and security forces were deployed to the area.