PM Modi wishes people on Ambedkar Jayanti and harvest festivals
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday wished the nation on the occasions of 127th birth anniversary of Dalit icon Bhimrao Ambedkar.
He took to twitter and wished the nation on Ambedkar Jayanti and harvest festival. He tweeted, "Pujya Babasaheb gave hope to lakhs of people belonging to the poorest and marginalised sections of society. We remain indebted to him for his efforts towards the making of our Constitution."
In a series of tweets, Modi wished the people of Assam, Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, and Odisha on their respective harvest festivals and new year celebrations Rongali Bihu, Vishu, Naba Barsha, Puthandu Pirappu, and Maha Vishuba Sankranti.
He said the country was proud of its diversity.
"People across the nation are celebrating various festivals. Greetings to everyone on these special occasions," he tweeted.
"Best wishes to the Tamil people on the special occasion of Puthandu. I pray that all your aspirations are fulfilled in the coming year."
The prime minister also greeted the people of Kerala on Vishu, which signifies the sun's transit into the Meda Raasi (first solar month).
"Happy Vishu! May the new year bring with it new hopes, more prosperity and good health."
He also greeted the people of Assam on Rongali or Bohag Bihu which marks the beginning of the Assamese New Year.
He described Bihu as a festival characterised by energy and enthusiasm. "May this auspicious day bring happiness and good health in our society."
Modi greeted the Bengalis on Poila Boishakh and wished that this new year brings peace, prosperity and happiness in everyone's lives. "Shubho Nabo Barsho!"
Along with tweeting his greetings in English, the Prime Minister also wrote his messages various regional languages.
"To all my Odia friends across the world, greetings on Maha Vishuba Sankranti! Have a wonderful year ahead. We take immense pride in the rich Odia culture."
"Baisakhi Greetings to everyone. May this festival bring joy in everyone's lives. We also express gratitude to our hardworking farmers, who work continuously to feed our nation," he added.
- Meet the world's 'oldest dog living' a 22-year-old Toy Fox Terrier named Pebbles
- 'Over 88% adults in India fully vaccinated against Covid'
- PM inaugurates Nano Urea Plant in Gandhinagar
- IndiGo fined Rs 5L for not boarding special needs child
- This is not the Virat Kohli we know: Virender Sehwag breaks silence on RCB batters' slump in form
- 8 years of Modi govt: From Statue of unity to Lord Hanuman's statue, Iconic statues unveiled by PM
- Laal Singh Chaddha Trailer: Aamir Khan enjoys Pani Puri, hosts preview ahead of releasing it at IPL 2022 Final
- Shah Rukh Khan's Mannat's new nameplate worth Rs 25 lakh goes missing? Here's the truth
- India's daily cases over 2,000-mark for 5th time this week: Today's 8 Covid updates
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'