Here is how Sridevi spent last moments of her life in Dubai 

Sakshi Chaturvedi
Published on: 26 Feb 2018 5:21 AM GMT
Here is how Sridevi spent last moments of her life in Dubai 
Here is how Sridevi spent last moments of her life in Dubai 

Dubai: Iconic actress Sridevi, who breathed her last on late Saturday last, has left her fans and Bollywood fraternity in shock. Everyone woke up with the sad news about the actress and were unable to digest it that the actress has closed her eyes forever.

Sridevi was getting ready at a hotel room in Dubai for a dinner date with her producer-husband Boney Kapoor before she suffered a cardiac arrest which led to her sudden demise, a media report said on Monday.

ALSO READ: Sridevi had no history of heart disease, says Sanjay Kapoor

Boney flew back from Mumbai and went to her room at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel at around 1730 hours, on Saturday to surprise her with the dinner.

Boney woke her up and the couple chatted for about 15 minutes before he invited Sridevi for dinner.

The 54-year-old actress then went to the washroom. After 15 minutes had passed and Sridevi did not come out, Boney knocked on the door to check on her.

When he got no response, he forced open the door to find the legendary actor lying motionless in the bathtub full of water, the source said.

Boney tried to revive her and when he could not, he called a friend of his. After that, he informed the police at 2100 hours.

The police and paramedics rushed to the site, but she was pronounced dead.

ALSO READ: Sridevi – A remarkable career summed up in dialogues, songs

Sridevi's body was taken to the General Department of Forensic Medicine for an autopsy.

It may be mentioned that, Sridevi, Boney, and their younger daughter Khushi Kapoor were in Ras Al Khaimah last week to celebrate the wedding of her actor-nephew Mohit Marwah.

Boney had returned to Mumbai after the wedding, but decided to return to Dubai to surprise his wife.

The autopsy was completed on Sunday evening and the body is expected to be flown back via a private plane to Mumbai on Monday.

Sakshi Chaturvedi

Sakshi Chaturvedi

A journalist, presently working as a Sub-Editor at

Next Story