Union Minister Smriti Irani assures development of Amethi
Amethi: Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani, who reached here today on her two-day visit to Parliamentary Constituency of Congress Vice-President, Rahul Gandhi, launched a scathing attack on Gandhi family, holding them responsible for the backwardness of the area.
She assured the people of Amethi that she had come for inclusive development of the area which had been denied to them in the past. “In my model of progress, the development will not remain confined to just few”, Ms Irani said.
Highlights of Irani’s visit:
Announced many developmental schemes during a public rally at SPN Inter College in Tiloi.
* Announced to start a ‘7 ambulance service’ on the theme of ‘Mobile Medical Service’ which was stopped by Rahul Gandhi.
* Centre has approved ‘Kisan Vigyan Kendra’ in Amethi, she said.
* Farmers will get full compensation for their damaged crop.
*Farmers will get more benefit from the ‘Pradhanmantri Kisan Beema Yojana’ as they will have to deposit only 2 per cent and the rest will be deposited by the State and the Central Government.
Salient features of Irani’s visit:
- It would be the first time when Irani would spend a night in Amethi
- The aim of Irani’s visit is to make grounds for BJP.
- May announce many developmental schemes.
- Likely to stay at HAL guest house.