Salman to stay in jail tonight, bail hearing deferred to Saturday
Jodhpur: In the latest development in the 1998 Blackbuck Poaching case, the Jodhpur Court has deferred his order in the bail until tomorrow i.e. Saturday.
District and Sessions Court Judge Ravindra Kumar Joshi on Friday told the media that he has reserved the judgment till April 7.
Salman will now have to spend another night at the Jodhpur Central Jail, where he was lodged in barrack Number 1, on Thursday following his conviction.
Senior advocate Mahesh Boda represented Salman's case in the sessions court.
ALSO READ: Salman Khan and controversies: A closer look
- Superstar Salman Khan has been sentenced to five years jail term along with a fine of Rs 10,000 by a Jodhpur Court, on Thursday, in the 1998 Blackbuck poaching case.
- The court convicted Bollywood’s dabangg Khan in the case while all other stars including Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Tabu and Neelam were acquitted.
- The bench of Chief Judicial magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri convicted Salman Khan under Section 51 of the Wildlife Protection Act.
- The movie stars were accused of poaching black bucks in Kankani village near Jodhpur on October 1 and 2, 1998, during the shooting of ‘Hum Saath Saath Hain’ movie.
- They were accused of killing two black bucks, hunting of which is prohibited under the Wildlife Protection Act.