Rohit’s ton goes in vain, Australia wins the second one day
Brisbane, Rohit Sharma’s ton for the second consecutive time has gone in vain as host team Australia won the second one day international cricket match against India with seven wickets in hand.
Australia chases successfully 300 + score for the second time in succession.
A partnership of 145 runs was done between Aaron Finch and Shaun Marsh for the first wicket.
Aussie skipper Steven Smith played a knock of 46 runs while George Bailey played an unbeaten knock of 76 runs on just 58 balls.
Team India gave a target of 308 runs to the host team which they achieved in 49th over taking a lead of 2-0 in five match one day series.
Indian in-form opening batsman Rohit Sharma scored second consecutive century, fifth against Australia.
Kohli scored 50 as well:
After playing some incredible shots in his steady innings and it was adrenaline rush that cost him his wicket. Kohli was pushing for a second run when it was not there and he was run out.
- Australia took a 2-0 lead in the series.
- This has been the highest run chase by any team at Gabba stadium.
- Rohit scored his half century with 6 boundaries and a six.
- It was Rohit’s 28th half century.
- Virat Kohli scored his fifty in 59 balls and was run out.
- It was Kohli’s 36th half century and fourth against Aussies