Demonetisation step is undeclared financial emergency, alleges Mayawati
Broadsiding Prime Minister Modi further, she said it was a common perception that it took him half of his tenure to take this step as by now, he had already saturated his corporate cronies by all types of favours. ''I have heard that the his friend business entities had already made their 'arrangements' in the foreign countries and
Lucknow: Launching a scathing attack on Modi government for demonetisation of existing Rs 1000 and Rs 500 currency notes, BSP Supremo Mayawati on Thursday said that this step was like imposing undeclared 'financial emergency' in the country.
''It was Congress which had imposed political emergency in 1975 while the Modi-led BJP government resorted to financial emergency in 2016 ,'' she said addressing a press conference in the state capital. She said the decision had inconvenienced a lot of people and about ninety per cent of the population was upset with this step.
The Bahujan Samaj Party President said it was done to divert public attention from the failure of Modi government during last two and a half years as it could not fulfil even one fourth of the promises it made in the manifesto.
Broadsiding Prime Minister Modi further, she said it was a common perception that it took him half of his tenure to take this step as by now, he had already saturated his corporate cronies by all types of favours. ''I have heard that his friends in business had already made their 'arrangements' in the foreign countries and only after that ,the government took decision of the demonetization,'' she charged.
Her other charges:
- Modi does not belong to a backward caste as he says, rather, he is from an upper caste.
- The BSP supremo alleged that Modi declared himself as a member of Other Backward Castes (OBC) when he became the CM of Gujarat to gain benefits for his community and himself.
- He used OBC card to gain political benefits.
Mayawati on UP Elections:
- Uttar Pradesh would teach a lesson to the BJP in upcoming assembly elections.
- Lower and middle class families of UP have suffered a lot after Modi's decision regarding currency and they would never allow BJP to form government in the state.
What else she said?
- Attacking Congress and BJP she said, " UPA government also supported the rich businessmen of the country and waved off their loans during their tenure and this is what is being done by BJP also.
- Before declaring this demonitisation, PM Modi and his government did not think about the middle and lower class people of the country. They only thought of benefiting richer section of the society.
- This step has given a boost to black marketing in the country.
- Modi has taken this step to divert the attention of people from 2017 assembly elections.
- The poor section of the society does not have bank accounts and they keep their money in the form of 500 and 1000 notes at secure places in their houses to prevent theft. They are facing a lot of problem after the demonetization.
- Farmers have always been suppressed by governments at the centre. Nobody takes care of their necessities and problems.