CM Akhilesh snubs Lucknow DM publicly
Lucknow: The district magistrate of the state capital Rajshekhar may have been enjoying the tag of a very 'popular' DM among the public and the political masters but not before the chief minister Akhilesh Yadav gave him a dressing down and that too in full public view.
Incident took place on January 30 at Kudia Ghat in the state capital when the CM told him to stop all his 'dramas'. The obvious reference was the recent carnivals including new year eve function at Hazratganj which received an all round praise. Rajshekhar,in fact, was also honored by the Election Commission as among the best three DMs of the country to perform well during the last elections. Even otherwise, he is highly media-savvy and had a whatsapp group with journalists on board.
What prompted Akhilesh Yadav to react is anybody's guess. Sources said that the Lucknow DM had missed some of recent events of the CM due to his pre occupation in various cultural programmes.
- 'Bas , Ab Band Karo Saare Naatak' was what CM told Lucknow DM
- Rajshekhar is known to have developed proximity with Prateek Yadav, the step brother of Akhilesh.
- Some builder friends of Prateek are also close to Lucknow DM.
- CM is annoyed with the traffic system of Lucknow about which nothing happened despite directives from him.
- It was not long ago when Rajshekhar was considered as 'blue eyed' boy of the CM.
- CM is not liking his populist way of functioning.
- Rajshekhar's night stay at one of the Tahsils has reportedly not gone down well among politicians.