UP government presents highest-ever state Budget in the country
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has presented the state budget of 4 lakh 28 thousand 384 crore rupees in the legislative assembly on Friday, keeping its outlay 11.4 per cent more than last year.
This was the second budget of the Yogi government after it came to power in the state. The budget was presented by state finance minister Rajesh Agarwal.
The government has also announced opening of two engineering colleges in Gonda and Basti.
Highlights of UP Budget 2018-19
Plan Size of Budget
- The size of the budget presented has been pegged at Rs. 4,28,384.52 crore, which is 11.4 percent higher than the budget of the year
- The budget includes new schemes of Rs. 14,341.89 crore.
Agriculture & Allied Sectors
- A target of 581.60 lakh metric ton has been fixed for food production and 11.28 lakh metric ton for oil seeds production.
- Target of construction of 5 thousand ponds has been fixed under
Khet-Talaab Yojana in Bundelkhand area. An amount of Rs. 131 crore has been proposed for installation of Solar Photovoltaic Irrigation Pumps.
- An amount of Rs. 24 crore has been proposed for farmers subsidy under Sprinkler Irrigation Scheme.
- Target of 1.65 lakh hectares has been fixed for winter sugarcane sowing. About 80 lakh quintals of progressive sugarcane seed will be made available to cane growers.
Horticulture & Food Processing
- Chief Minister Food Processing Industry Policy-2017 has been implemented in the state. A provision of Rs. 82.49 crore has been made for implementation of Chief Minister Food Processing Mission.
- A provision of Rs. 100 crore for advance storage of fertilizers.
- A provision of Rs. 31 crore for computerization work for Primary Agriculture Co-operative Societies.
- A provision of Rs. 200 crore has been made for subsidy for crop loans to farmers at less interest rate.
- A provision of Rs. 75 crore for Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Mini Dairy Scheme.
- A provision of Rs. 15 crore for organising Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Pashu Arogya Mela in development blocks.
- A provision of Rs. 100 crore for National Cattle Health and Disease Control Programme.
- 770 Mobile Cattle Hospitals are running in the state through which Cattle Health and Breed improvement will be ensured. For this provision of Rs. 27 crore has been made.
- A provision of Rs. 15 crore for setting up of Dairy Development Fund.
- Process of direct payments in the accounts of farmers for milk price payment through DBT started.
- New ‘Nand Baba Puraskar Scheme’ for which provision of Rs. 52 lakh has been made for maximum milk produce through Indian Breed Cows to milk producers. Besides, a provision of Rs. 54 lakh for ‘Gokul Puraskar’.
- A provision of Rs. 25 crore for establishment of Fishermen Welfare Fund.
- A provision of Rs. 20 crore under Blue Revolution Integrated Development & Management for Fisheries Scheme.
- An amount of Rs. 11,500 crore proposed for Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) in the budget year of 2018-19.
- A provision of Rs. 1,040 crore under National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- A provision of Rs. 214 crore for Shyama Prasad RURBAN Mission.
- A provision of Rs. 1,500 crore for National Rural Drinking Water Programme and Rs. 120 crore for State Rural Drinking Water Programme in the year of 2018-19.
- A provision of Rs. 200 crore for Mukhyamantri Awas Yojana.
- A provision of Rs. 5000 crore for Swachha Bharat Mission (Gramin) Yojana in the year of 2018-19.
- A provision of Rs. 20 crore to encourage best Village Panchayats under Mukhyamantri Panchayat Protsahan Yojana.
- A provision of Rs. 100 crore for the development of cremation grounds and such sites of other faiths, sects and religion in rural areas.
- A provision of Rs. 36 crore for Free Boring Scheme.
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 600 crore for Industrial Development Policy-2012 and Rs. 500 crore for New Industrial Policy.
- A provision of Rs. 650 crore for the budget year of 2018-19 for initial works of Bundelkhand Expressway Project.
- Provision of Rs. 550 crore in the budget for the initial works for Gorakhpur Link Expressway Project. Budgetary provision of Rs. 1000 crore for the construction of Poorvanchal Expressway and Rs. 500 crore for Agra-Lucknow Expressway.
Micro, Minor and Medium Enterprises
- Provision of Rs. 250 crore for the implementation of ‘One District, One Product’ Scheme.
- Provision of Rs. 100 crore for Mukhyamantri Yuva Swarozgar Yojana.
Handloom & Textile Industry
- Provision of Rs. 50 crore for Uttar Pradesh Handloom, Powerloom, Silk, Textiles and Garmenting Policy-2017.
- Provision of Rs. 150 crore for providing electricity to powerloom weavers at concessional rates.
Khadi & Village Industries
- Provision of Rs. 25 crore for the implementation of Khadi & Village Industry Development and Continuous Self Employment Promotion Policy.
- Provision of Rs. 10 crore for the implementation of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gramodyog Rozgar Yojana.
- Provision of Rs. 20 crore for the implementation of Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Khadi Vipdan Vikas Sahayata Yojana.
IT & Electronics
- Provision of Rs. 30 crore for the implementation of e-office system in all government offices.
- Provision of Rs. 250 crore for establishment of Start-up Fund.
Medical & Health
- Decision to run 170 National Mobile Medical Units on PPP mode.
- Target of establishing 100 new Ayurvedic Hospitals in rural areas.
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 291 crore for Pradhan Mantri Vandana Yojana.
- 04 Medical Colleges like-Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and Meerut are being upgraded as super speciality department under the phase-3 of Pradhanmantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana and provision of Rs. 126 crore has been made for super speciality department in 02 Medical Colleges of Kanpur & Agra.
- Proposal of starting Robotic Surgery in SGPGI.
- Target of establishing Organ Transplant Unit in KGMU.
- Construction of 500-bed super speciality hospital, paramedical and nursing college in new campus of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences.
- Provision of Rs. 500 crore for up-gradation of 05 district hospitals of the state as medical college.
- Courses will be started for 100 MBBS seats in the academic session year of 2018-19 in Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Greater Noida.
- Provision of Rs. 14 crore for establishment of Burn Unit in Government Medical Colleges of Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Agra and Allahabad.
- Provision of Rs. 25 crore to setup Fire Fighting and Electrical Safety System in Government Medical Colleges & Institutes.
- Action plan for running e-hospital system in Government Medical Colleges and Institute of Heart & Cancer Institute.
Forest & Environment
- Implementation of 'Jan Evam Vanwasi based State Forest Policy-2017'.
- Provision of Rs. 20 crore for Sub Mission on Agro Forestry Scheme and establishment of Tourism and Bio-diversity Centre in Kukrail Forest range is proposed.
- Provision of Rs. 42 crore for computerisation of land records in the state.
- Provision of Rs. 10 crore for Aam Aadmi Beema Yojana, Rs. 130.60 crore for ‘Pradhanmantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojana’ and Rs. 4.75 crore for Pradhanmantri Suraksha Beema Yojana.
- Provision of Rs. 777 crore financial help for Disaster Relief Fund for disaster management in the state.
Food & Civil Supply
- A working target of purchasing 50 lakh metric tonnes of wheat in the Rabi purchase year 2018-19.
- A total of 5,500 centres will be opened to purchase wheat.
Roads and Bridges
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 11343 crore for construction of roads in the state.
- Provision of Rs. 1817 crore for construction of bridges.
- A proposal of Rs. 3324 crore for renovation, maintenance and repair works of roads.
- Provision of Rs. 920 crore for new construction, widening and strengthening as well as construction of bridges under the IRDF Scheme in rural areas.
- Proposal of Rs. 300 crore for special projects in Purvanchal and Rs. 200 crore for special schemes in Bundelkhand under the special area programme.
- Provision of Rs. 1500 crore for maintenance of roads under the State Road Fund.
- Provision of Rs. 2200 crore for construction, widening and strengthening of roads under the Central Road Fund Scheme.
- Provision of Rs. 650 crore for widening and strengthening of state highways.
- An amount of Rs. 1600 crore proposed to link district headquarters with 4-lane roads.
- An amount of Rs. 50 crore for construction of bypasses, ring roads and flyovers in urban areas.
- An amount of Rs. 1467 crore for construction of bridges over rivers and large drains in rural areas and another Rs. 350 crore for construction of railway over bridges.
- Provision of Rs. 2873 crore for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna for 2018-19 in the budget of rural development department.
- An amount of Rs. 1614 crore proposed for Saryu Canal Project.
- Provision of Rs. 741 crore for Arjun Sahayak Pariyojna.
- Provision of Rs. 1701 crore for Madhya Ganga Canal Project.
- Provision of Rs. 500 crore for Kanhar Irrigation Project.
- Provision of Rs. 127 crore for Ban Sagar Project.
- Provision of Rs. 1004 crore for various projects of embankment construction anti-erosion works and water drainage to control flood and water logging.
- A target to give electricity connection to about 1.50 crore households by March 2019 under the Government of India's 'Saubhagya Yojna' under implementation in the state.
- A budgetary provision of Rs. 29883 proposed in 2018-19 for various energy sector schemes.
- Target to setup solar energy projects of 10700 MW by the year 2022 under the Solar Energy Policy 2017 with private participation.
- An amount of Rs. 25 crore proposed under the grant scheme for setting up grid connected roof top solar power plants on private houses.
- Provision of Rs. 30 crore under the Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Solar Street Light Scheme.
Housing & Urban Planning Department
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 250 crore for Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Corridor Regional Rapid Transit System Project.
- An amount of Rs. 500 crore proposed in the budget for metro project's of the state.
- An amount of Rs. 300 crore proposed in the budget for new works of developing infrastructural facilities in all the development authorities including Lucknow and urban areas.
Urban Development, Urban Employment and Poverty Alleviation
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 1500 crore for Kumbha Mela-2019.
- Proposal of Rs. 240 crore in the budget by way of state share for various projects being implemented by the National Ganga River Basin Authority.
- An amount of Rs. 2217 crore proposed in 2018-19 for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna-Housing for All (Urban) Mission Scheme.
- Provision of Rs. 1650 crore under the Smart City Mission Scheme for Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra, Varanasi, Allahabad, Aligarh, Jhansi, Moradabad, Bareilly and Saharanpur.
- Proposal of Rs. 1100 crore for Swachha Bharat Mission.
- Provision of Rs. 2200 crore for Amrut Yojna.
- An amount of Rs. 200 crore proposed under the Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Adarsh Nagar Panchayat Yojna to develop one nagar panchayat in every district.
- Provision of Rs. 98.50 crore in the budget for 'Kanha Gaushala Evam Beshahara Pashu Aashray Yojna'.
- An amount of Rs. 426 crore proposed to create basic infrastructural facilities under the Mukhya Mantra Nagariya Alp Vikshit evam Malin Basti Vikas yojna in urban areas of the state.
- An amount of about Rs. 57 crore for Border Area Development Programme.
- Provision of Rs. 1100 crore under the Accelerated Economic Development Scheme to give impetus to development works.
- An amount of Rs. 18167 crore proposed for 'Sarva Siksha Abhiyan'.
- For free distribution of textbooks and uniforms to all children from class 1st to 8th, provision of Rs. 76 crore and Rs. 40 crore respectively.
- An amount of Rs. 2048 crore proposed for Mid-Day Meal Scheme. Another Rs. 167 crore for distribution of fruits among students.
- Provision of Rs. 500 crore for furniture, drinking water facilities, electricity and construction of boundary wall in primary and upper primary schools of the basic education board.
- An amount of Rs. 480 crore for 'Madhyamik Sikha Abhiyan' to improve standard of secondary education in the state.
- Provision of Rs. 26 crore to run Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Government Model Schools.
- Provision of Rs. 167 crore for Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan and another Rs. 37 crore to set up model degree colleges.
- An amount of Rs. 21 crore proposed for Ahilyabai Free Education Scheme.
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 106 crore to set up new government degree colleges and completing degree colleges/universities which are under construction.
Technical Education & Vocational Education
- Provision of Rs. 14.52 crore for two engineering colleges being setup in Gonda and Basti under the RUSA Scheme.
- An amount of about 12 crore proposed for running engineering colleges in Kannauj, Sonbhadra and Mainpuri districts.
- Provision of Rs. 12 crore for new engineering colleges being constructed in Mirzapur and Pratapgarh from the state resources.
Women and Child Welfare
- About Rs. 8815 crore proposed for various programmes of women and child welfare.
- Provision of Rs. 351 crore for 'Sabla', a scheme for empowerment of adolescent girls.
- Provision of Rs. 3780 crore for nutrition programmes under the integrated child development projects.
- Provision of Rs. 524 crore for 'Shabri Sankalp Yojna'.
- An amount of Rs. 1263 crore proposed for maintenance grant to destitute widows under the Destitute Women Pension Scheme.
- An amount of about Rs. 7858 crore proposed for the welfare and development schemes of general category and scheduled castes.
- An amount of Rs. 250 crore proposed for the 'Mukhya Mantri Samuhik Vivah Yojna' for marriage of daughters belonging to the families of all sections subsisting below the poverty line.
- An amount of Rs. 121 crore proposed for marriage of daughters belonging to poor families of scheduled castes and Rs. 82 crore for general category.
- Provision of Rs. 500 crore in 2018-19 under the National Family Benefit Scheme.
- Provision of Rs. 100 crore for self employment schemes implemented by the UP Scheduled Caste Finance and Development Corporation.
- Budgetary provision of Rs. 2560 crore under the Old Age And Kisan Pension Scheme for eligible persons over 60 years of age of all sections.
- Provision of Rs. 66 crore for running government industrial training institutes for the youth belonging to scheduled castes.
Backward Class Welfare
- Provision of Rs. 1705 crore for backward class welfare schemes.
- Provision of Rs. 200 crore for marriage of daughters of poor persons belonging to backward classes.
- An amount of Rs. 551 crore proposed under the Fee Reimbursement Scheme for students belonging to backward classes.
- Provision of Rs. 2757 crore for minorities development and welfare schemes in the state.
- Provision of Rs. 404 crore under the modernization scheme for Arabi-Farsi Madarsas.
- Provision of about Rs. 486 crore for grant to Arabic Schools.
- Provision of Rs. 215 crore to give grant to 246 permanently recognized Arabi-Farsi Madarsas of 'Aalia Level'.
Welfare of Persons with disabilities
- An amount of Rs. 575 crore proposed under the Pension Scheme for persons with disabilities.
- Provision of Rs. 33 crore for scheme of artificial limbs and other helping equipments.
- Provision of Rs. 18 crore under the pension scheme for maintenance of the persons affected by leprosy.
- Provision of Rs. 32 crore for providing free journey facility to the persons with disabilities in UPSRTC buses.
- Proposal of Rs. 25 crore to setup Eklavya Sports Fund.
- Provision of about Rs. 74 crore for development of infrastructural facilities in various sports colleges and stadia.
- To promote sports persons in the state, provision of Rs. 03 crore in the budget for the sports persons who won medals in the national and international competitions.
- Provision of Rs. 10 crore to ensure setting up of solar energy based power plants and adequate lighting arrangement in the jails of the state.
Law & Justice
- An amount of Rs. 10 crore to give financial assistance to young advocates to purchase books and journals during the first 3 years of their career.
- A budgetary provision of Rs. 94.26 crore for construction of Kailash Mansarovar Bhawan in Ghaziabad.
- Provision of Rs. 70 crore proposed for successful implementation of the UP Tourism Policy.
- Brij Teertha Vikas Parishad has been setup to promote pilgrimage tourism in the Brij Circuit. An amount of Rs. 100 crore has been proposed to develop infrastructural facilities in the Circuit.
- An amount of Rs. 10 crore is proposed to organized various festivals and functions to showcase the cultural heritage of the state.
- A provision of Rs. 29.50 crore for construction of a modern auditorium in Gorakhpur.
- An amount of Rs. 13.50 crore proposed for internal security of Vidhan Bhawan and Secretariat.
State GST & Value Added Tax
- Target to collect revenue of Rs. 71500 crore from state goods and service tax(GST) and value added tax.
- A target to collect revenue of Rs. 23000 crore by way of excise duty.
Stamp and Registration
- A target to collect revenue of Rs. 18,000 crore through stamp and registration fee
Motor Vehicle Tax
- A target to collect revenue of Rs. 7400 crore by way of Motor Vehicle Tax.
Budget Estimate for Financial Year 2018-19
- Total receipts of Rs. 4,20,899.46 crore are estimated in the year 2018-19.
- The total receipts include Rs. 3,48,619.37 crore by way of revenue receipts and Rs. 72,280.09 crore by way of capital receipts.
- The revenue receipts includes Rs. 2,56,248.40 crore by way of tax revenue share. The tax revenue share includes Rs. 1,22,700.00 crore by way of the state's own and Rs. 1,33,548.40 crore by way of the state's share in the central taxes.
- The total expenditure is estimated at Rs. 4,28,384.52 crore.
- The total expenditure includes Rs 3,21,520.27 crore by way of revenue expenditure and Rs. 1,06,864.25 crore by way of capital expenditure.
- A revenue saving of Rs. 27,099.10 crore is estimated in the year 2018-19
- Fiscal deficit of Rs. 44,053.32 crore is estimated in the financial year 2018-19, which is 2.96 percent of the Gross State Domestic Product estimated for the year 2018-19.
- The State's debt liability is estimated to be 29.8 percent of the State's Gross Domestic Product.
- After deducting total expenditure from the receipts of consolidated fund, a deficit of Rs. 7485.06 crore is estimated.
- Net receipts of Rs. 8,100 crore is estimated from public account.
Net Result of All Transaction
- Net result of Rs. 614.94 crore from all transaction is estimated in 2018-19.
- The closing balance for the year 2018-19 is estimated at Rs. 1,284.23 crore in which opening balance of Rs. 669.29 crore has been taken into account.
BUDGET 2018-19 AT A GLANCE
BUDGET 2018-19 AT A GLANCE
(In crore Rupees)
|1 Opening Balance||1204.55||*1204.55||669.29|
|(1) Consolidated Fund|
|(a) Revenue Receipts||319397.43||305028.87||348619.37|
|(b) Capital Receipts|
(i) Receipts from loans
(ii) Recovery of Loans and Advances
|Total- (b) – Capital Receipts||57793.45||55136.91||72280.09|
|Total – 1- Receipts||377190.88||360165.78||420899.46|
|(a) Revenue Expenditure||307118.63||286513.57||321520.27|
|(b) Capital Expenditure|
(i) Capital Outlay
(ii) Repayment of Loans
(iii) Loans and Advances
|Total – (b) – Capital Expenditure||77541.08||81887.47||106864.25|
|Total – 2- Expenditure||384659.71||368401.04||428384.52|
|Deficit (-)/Surplus (+) in Consolidated fund||(-) 7468.83||(-) 8235.26||(-) 7485.06|
|2. Contingency Fund (net)||0.00||100.00||0.00|
|3. Public Account (net)||7600.00||7600.00||8100.00|
|Net Result of All Transactions||131.17||(-) 535.26||614.94|
*As per the state’s account in RBI.