For UP DGP, rape accused BJP MLA Kuldeep Sengar is 'Maananiye'
Lucknow: In a rather surprising gesture of respect, the Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) Arvind Kumar and Director General of Police (DGP) OP Singh, on Thursday, used words like 'Ji' 'Maananiye' and 'Unhone' for rape accused BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar.
UP DGP OP Singh went on to say a word or two in his favour when he said "The charges against the 'Maananiye' BJP MLA have not been proven yet despite a case under the POCSO Act has been registered."
During a joint press conference here, Singh said, "I am not defending the rape accused MLA but he is not a convict at present. Everybody is free until arrested." Adding he said the CBI would decide on his arrest thereby indicating that the UP Police is not going to arrest him.
Arvind Kumar said, "Statement of both parties have been recorded. Uttar Pradesh government has transferred the case to CBI for further investigations."
Former UP DGP Vikram Singh has ridiculed the present police regime for unnecessarily paying respect to an accused. He said, "If DGP uses revered words for the accused, you can very well anticipate the action by the subordinate staff."
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity
- Covid live: Active cases reach 1,07,189
- Gross GST collection in June stands at Rs 1.44 lakh cr: FM
- Live 5th Test: England opt to bowl vs India
- Mukesh Ambani wants to succeed where Dhirubhai did not
- Prophet row: SC says Nupur's 'loose tongue' set country on fire
- Had BJP accepted a Sena CM in 2019, there would have been no MVA, Uddhav says
- Covid-19 fourth wave alert! India logs over 17,000 new cases, 23 deaths