CBI accepts UP govt's request to probe Unnao gangrape case
Unnao: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday accepted Uttar Pradesh government's request to probe three cases related to Unnao gangrape.
Earlier in the day on Thursday, UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath had recommended a CBI probe into the high-profile matter which involves Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar as the prime accused.
An FIR under IPC sections 363, 366 and 504 has been registered against Sengar at the Makhi police station in Unnao. The case also has been registered under section 376 for rape and POCSO Act.
Along with the allegation of gang-rape levied by a minor, the CBI will also probe the assault on her father on April 3 and his death under judicial custody.
Check the official document issued by Department of Personnel and Training here:
It may be mentioned that the SIT probe submitted to the state government indicates BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar’s role in the rape of 17-year-old minor girl. Sources also tell he was involved in the murder of the victim’s father.
The late night developments came after Sengar with his supporters flaunted his strength outside the Lucknow SSP office. Speaking to media persons after meeting the SSP, Sengar said there was no question of surrendering. He said, “I am not a fugitive and ready for any probe. I will come whenever police officials summon me.”
Other highlights of the case so far:
– CO Safipur (Unnao), Kunwar Bahadur Singh has been suspended for negligence in handling the repeated complaints given by the victim.
– Dr D Dwivedi CMS, Dr Prashant Upadhyay, EMO, will be suspended.
– Disciplinary proceedings initiated against three Drs namely Dr Manoj Kr Orthosurgeon, Dr G P Sachan Surgeon, and Dr Gaurav Agrawal EMO for laxity in giving proper medical care and treatment both prior to judicial custody and on referral from jail to distt Hospital while in judicial custody.
– Family of victim to be given adequate security.
- India adds 16,135 Covid cases to its tally; 24 deaths in a day
- School children among several dead in Kullu bus accident. 'Heart-rending' - PM
- SP chief Akhilesh Yadav dissolves all party posts except one
- Openers in focus as India look to seal series against Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Delhi ITI admission 2022: All you need to know about registration process, counselling schedule
- British Empire: World's oldest Prince still waiting to become Emperor| Y-Factor Ep- 316
- Janhvi Kapoor is 'lost in Amsterdam', twins with Nysa Devgan in latest pics from the trip
- SP dissolves all national, state executive bodies after bypoll loss
- PM, Amit Shah's decision to make me CM opened eyes of many, says Shinde
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths