Lucknow: Soda is one of the most consumed beverages in the world.it is , undoubtedly,sweet, tasty and sparkling but we should never consider it as a healthy drink. Drinking soda has many health hazards.
- Drinking soda is of no use as it does not have any nutritional value. Infact, the diet sodas also contains sugar, calories and nothing else.
- Having healthy drink is beneficial to health as it contains vitamins and minerals which can be useful to health.
- Soda contains high-fructose corn syrup, a sweetener which is linked to obesity. Soda consumption may also lead to type-2 diabetes due to its sugar content and its effect on body hormones.
- Intake of diet sugar is also not a good option as it increases the appetite which makes it difficult to loose weight.
- The sugar present in soda coats the upper layer of teeth by mixing with bacteria in our mouth to form acid. The carbolic acid, present in both soda as well as diet soda, weakens the tooth enamel which causes tooth decay and cavities.
- Most of the soda contains phosphorous and caffeine which causes osteoporosis, a condition in which bones becomes weak.
- Researchers say that increased consumption of soft drink has links to chronic kidney disease, development of metabolic syndrome ( a group of symptoms that add up to increase heart risk) , a fatty liver and a chronic liver disease.
- It’s free in every sense of the word. It has no calories .
- The research says that we should go for raw fruit instead of fruit juice as it contains sugar.
- We, specially kids, should drink milk as it contains 80 calories of non- essential nutrients.
- Drink tea, no matter whether its green, black or herbal . They all contain high levels of antioxidants Which protect the body from damage.
- They do not harm tooth as they do not contain any carbonic acid and they also comes in sugar free varieties.
Keep yourself updated with latest news through Newstrack App. To download App from Google Playstore visit here - Newstrack App