Kande Pohe- A tangy Maharashtrian twist to your regular Poha
Kande Pohe is Maharashtrian version of regular Poha. It is lip smacking snack which can be done easily. So check out the recipe here.
Poha is one perfect snack that is liked by people across different states in India. Right from Maharashtra to Gujarat to MP to UP, the taste of poha is etched to tongues of all. When someone talks of quick yet tasty snack, poha is sure to pop in our mind. It gets even better when you can add a tangy twist to it. So here it is- Kande Pohe, a Maharashtrian version of regular Poha.
Onion is referred as Kanda in Maharashtra and that's how it is. Adding generous portions of onion or kanda into your poha turns it to Kande Pohe, and some additional ingredients also go in the dish.
Ingredients of Kande Pohe
- 2 chopped onion
- 1 Cup flattened rice (poha)
- Cumin seeds
- Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp roasted peanuts.
- Grated coconut (optional)
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Chopped coriander
- Wash your poha well 3-4 times with running water. Strain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Take 3 tbsp oil in a pan. On heating, add asafoetida , mustard and cumin seeds. On spluttering, add curry leaves to it.
- Stir well but take don't do it for long as cumin seeds get burned quickly, add chopped onions.
- Let onions turn bit brown and add 1 tbsp turmeric to it.
- Add salt according to taste and 2 tbsp sugar to it.
- Add your poha into the pan and mix well.
- Let it heat for 2-3 minutes and add 2 tbsp lemon juice into it.
- Add roasted peanuts to your poha
- Add grated coconut and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot and enjoy!