Market update: Equities open on a negative note on Wednesday
Mumbai: The 30-scrip Sensitive Index (Sensex) on Wednesday opened on a negative note during the morning session of the trade.
The Sensex of the BSE after opening at 34,155.63 points, touched a high of 34,174.37 and low of 34,076.45 points.
On Tuesday the Sensex closed at 34,346.39 points.
The Sensex is trading at 34,134.05 down by 212.34 points or 0.58 per cent.
On the other hand the broader 51-scrip Nifty at National Stock Exchange (NSE) opened at 10,488.95 points after closing at 10,554.30 points.
The Nifty is trading at 10,481.00 points in the morning.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava