Market Update: Key Indian equity market indices open higher
Mumbai: Taking a cue from global markets, the key Indian equity indices on Thursday opened higher.
The Sensitive Index (Sensex) of the BSE, which had closed at 34,155.95 points on Wednesday, opened higher at 34,207.57 points.
Minutes into trading, it was quoting at 34,249.98 points, up by 94.03 points, or 0.28 per cent.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 51-scrip Nifty, which had closed at 10,500.90 points on Wednesday, was quoting at 10,525.80 points, up by 24.90 points or 0.24 per cent.
A massive sell-off in banking sector stocks pulled the key Indian equity indices lower a day ago.
The Sensex was down by 144.52 points or 0.42 per cent at the Wednesday's closing. In the day's trade, the barometer 30-scrip sensitive index had touched a high of 34,473.43 points and a low of 34,028.68 points. The Nifty too was down by 38.85 points or 0.37 per cent.
On Thursday, Asian indices were mostly showing a positive trend. Japan's Nikkei 225 was trading in green, up by 1.71 per cent, Hang Seng up by 1.99 per cent. China's Shanghai Composite index was also quoting in green, up by 0.45 per cent.
Nasdaq closed in green, up by 1.82 per cent while FTSE 100 was also up by 0.64 per cent at the closing on Wednesday.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava