Market update: Global cues, buying support lift equity indices
Mumbai: Positive Asian cues lifted the key indices of the Indian equity market during the early morning trade session on Monday.
According to market analysts, healthy buying support was witnessed in healthcare, capital goods and banking stocks.
At 9.35 a.m., the 30-scrip S&P BSE Sensex, which had closed at 34,153.85 points on last Friday, traded higher at 34,321.04 points, up by 167.19 points or 0.49 per cent.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 51-scrip Nifty quoted at 10,602.50 points, up by 43.65 points or 0.41 per cent.
Also Read: SpaceX launches secretive Zuma spacecraft
On Friday -- the last trade session --A key equity indices closed in the positive territory as global cues, along with inflow of foreign funds and healthy buying in consumer durables, banking and auto stocks gave a boost to investors' sentiments.
The Sensex on Friday closed trade at 34,153.85 points -- up 184.21 points or 0.54 per cent, while, the wider Nifty 50 rose by 54.05 points or 0.51 per cent to 10,558.85 points.
- PM Narendra Modi delighted about India's participation at Cannes Film Festival 2022; Calls it a 'milestone'
- GUDS eWHEELERS in Lucknow is set to Revolutionize Personal Mobility with India's first eWheelers Smart Mobility Hub
- '265 Ukrainian soldiers surrendered at Azovstal'
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court removes commissioner
- Gyanvapi live: Seal area where 'Shivling' found but prayers shouldn't be hindered, says SC
- Bada Mangal 2022: Story of Bade Mangal in Lucknow, what is its relation to Hanuman; All you need to know
- Baghpat News: Rakesh Tikait breaks silence; blames BJP for rift in BKU
- As deadline ends, Gyanvapi survey official to seek more time from UP court
- Covid-19 fourth wave: India reports 1,569 fresh cases, 19 deaths in past 24 hours
- Gyanvapi Mosque Row: Asaduddin Owaisi opposes survey, says 'lost Babri Masjid, don't want to lose another'