Lucknow: A 28- kilometres long ‘Green Corridor’ was set up from King George Medical University to Chaudhary Charan Singh Airport of Lucknow on Wednesday to transport a live human liver for transplant in AIIMS, New Delhi.
The ambulance for which the ‘Green Corridor’ was created and from which the liver was transported took 24 minutes time to reach the destination from KGMU to Lucknow Airport.
The ‘Green Corridor’
The Green Corridor was made from KGMU to Lucknow airport for uninterrupted traffic . The route taken by the ambulance was:
- KGMU to Hazaratganj intersection.
- Hazaratganj intersection to Sultanpur road.
- Saheedpath to airport.
What SP traffic says?
Superintendent of Police for traffic Habibul Hasan told newztrack.com that he got a call from KGMU at around 1540 hours that a liver is to be transported airport.
Acting swiftly, he coordinated with concerned traffic policemen and different police stations to make the ‘Green Corridor’.
“I think it is the best work done by me till date. There is nothing bigger than saving the life of a human being,” Hasan told newztrack.com.
- The ambulance took 24 minutes to reach the airport.
- The total distance was of 28 kms.
- The speed of the ambulance was about 86 km/h.
- The distance would have been covered in 20 minutes but doctors had warned them of not exceeding it above 90 km/h, said Hasan.
Keep yourself updated with latest news through Newstrack App. To download App from Google Playstore visit here - Newstrack App