Follow these tips to make your exercises in gym more effective
Lucknow: Working out, is one of the most essential tasks in today's life. Engaged in their work all day long, somehow, people find time to sweat-out their extra kilos and make sure it become the habit. And what could be better than gym to regulate your body.
The gym can also be a place of great distress when the weights accidentally fall on your feet, or when you can’t continually lift your weight while doing a bench press or even when you accidentally turn the treadmill too fast to a point where you might fall off. So in this case, various gym precautions should be taken.
Things to Learn:
- Do exercise with proper form. Study your body language when you are working out.
Feel the targeted muscle stretch and contract.
- The first five things you need to learn is:
-Rows/ Pullups, chinups
-Overhead press/ Military Press.
Leave ego and have patience:
- Leave your ego at the gym’s doorstep. If you lift with your ego you are not going to gain anything.
- Do not go for the heavy weights from the day 1.
- Use the weight you are comfortable with and then slowly increase them to put pressure on the muscles.
- Stop comparing yourself with other people in the gym. You are unique in your way.
- Do not expect immediate and fast results.
- Have patience, work hard and will achieve what you want.
- Do not take any advice from anyone except your personal trainer. who knows about you and trains you.
- Do your own exercise rather than receiving knowledge from the ‘bros’ in the gym.
- Don't be a jerk.
- Do not leave weights where ever you want.
- Do not hijack the machines or any particular exercise stations and stand their talking to the bros without doing much.
- Remember one thing that you go gym to workout not to chit chat or make friends.
Rest and Recovery
- Give sufficient rest to the body.
- Eat good foods based on what your goals are i.e caloric deficit for weight loss, surplus for weight gain etc.
- Have a good warm up routine before you do the day’s workout.
- Have a good sleep.
- Keep your body hydrated.
- There are good days and bad days at the gym.
- Take it easy and have fun working out.