Are you washing your hair properly? Check
New Delhi: Having healthy and thick hair is a big problem these days. Due to pollution and weather change more than 80 percent of girls face difficulty to grow hair full of nutrients.
Here we brought some important point which you should keep in mind for perfect hair:
Prepare your hair:
- Oil your hair two to three hours beforehand.
- An oil massage opens pores and enables better absorption of oil nutrients.
- Oil your hair from roots to tips and don't massage too hard.
- You can use coconut, mustard or olive oil and even a combination for your pre-shampooing routine.
- This will remove extra oil from hair and scalp and wash off dry skin on the scalp.
- It will further help open the cuticles and soften the hair.
- When rinsing, keep in mind to not start rubbing hair immediately but wait for your hair to be soaking wet.
Shampoo your hair:
- For dry and damaged hair, it's best to opt for sulfate and paraben-free shampoo.
- Whereas for thin hair, go for a volumising shampoo.
- In any case, avoid shampoo with synthetic ingredients so that your hair doesn't get damaged.
- Don't rinse off the shampoo with warm water.
- It helps in retaining moisture and binding hair cuticles.
- Do not apply it on scalp.
- Leave it on for a minute or so and then rinse it off with cold water.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Apply a conditioning mask once a week.
A hair mask can offer deeper hydration and repair, leaving hair lush and shiny.
Let your hair dry, the best way is to take a towel and wrap it around your head and soak all the extra water.
Experts suggest washing hair at least thrice a week and oiling at least two times a week.
Do not ignore dandruff. Use an anti-dandruff shampoo and alternate it with your regular shampoo till dandruff persists.