Yogi Govt's first cabinet meeting: 'Acche Din' for farmers have arrived
It may be recalled that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while campaigning in the state during assembly polls, had promised that farmers’ loans would be waived off in the first cabinet meeting of the state. This apparently is the reason why the meeting
Lucknow: The newly formed Bharatiya Janata Party government in Uttar Pradesh kept its promise by waiving off the farmers loans up to Rs 1 Lakh in the first cabinet meeting on Tuesday. State government said that it will give Rs 36, 359 Crores for waiving off the farmers' loans.
Highlights of the first Cabinet meeting:
- The loan waiver will benefit 2 crore 15 lakh farmers of the state.
- Farmers will also get Rs 10 more than the minimum support price per quintal.
- Anti-Romeo squad is doing good and it will continue to work.
- Warning has been issued to policemen to not harass couples.
- 26 illegal slaughterhouses had been shut so far. Action will be taken on more such slaughterhouses.
- Agriculture Ministers will monitor all the 5000 wheat procurement centres in the state.
- 80 lakh metric tonne wheat will be purchased from farmers.
- Purchases to be done by state government, on the basis of their aadhar cards and no involvement of middlemen.
- District officials have been asked to set up new centres for crop procurement.
- Farmers having up to 5-acre land will be counted as small farmers, while those having up to 2.5 acre are marginal farmers.
- A multi-facility stadium will be constructed at Ghazipur and Rs 5 crore rupees have been allocated for the same.
- A new Industrial policy will be set up by the state government. this is aimed to stop migration of youths in UP. A five member committee has been formed which would be headed by Deputy CM Dinesh Sharma.
- A three member committee headed by Deputy CM Keshav Prasad Maurya will look into the crisis faced by potato farmers. He will also head a GOM on illegal mining.
It could be recalled that it was the biggest poll promise of BJP that the very first decision that would come from the first cabinet meeting of the UP government will be of waiving off farmers’ loans .
The cabinet ministers have also hold talks over swiftly winding up the pending works of Lucknow Metro, other developmental projects and implementation of Centre’s ‘Power for All’ scheme in the state.
The announcement over 24-hour electricity in the villages and cheaper power tariffs was expected in the first cabinet meet but no decision has been taken in this regard.
It may be recalled that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, while campaigning in the state during assembly polls, had promised that farmers’ loans would be waived off in the first cabinet meeting of the state. This apparently is the reason why the meeting was delayed.
The finance department has now prepared the plan for giving the sigh of relief to the farmers. The waived off amount will be paid to the banks by the state government.