Yadav Singh Row: Two senior IAS officers on CBI radar
Lucknow: The CBI, investigating corruption charges against Noida Authority’s former chief engineer Yadav Singh, is likely to issue notices to two senior IAS officers who have been at the helm of affairs in the authority during probe period. These two officers, one of 1981-batch and other of 1987-batch, are likely to be called by the investigating agency for interrogation, the reliable sources told newztrack.com.
Sources said the Central Bureau of Investigation is closely watching their involvement in the corrupt practices in which Yadav Singh was already alleged to have been indulged. Incidentally, both the officers are currently posted in Delhi on central deputation.
Why is CBI after them?
The CBI team had seized few documents during raids conducted at Yadav Singh’s accommodations which clearly hint their involvement with Singh.
- Several files forwarded by Yadav Singh got approval from these two IAS officers.
- CBI likely to summon them for grilling
- CBI sources say that these officers may face probe in the corruption case after initial interrogation.
- Earlier, two senior IAS officers of UP namely Neera Yadav and Rajiv Kumar had been sent to jail in separate case of corruption in Noida authority.
Yadav Singh's case:
- Tainted former Chief Engineer of Noida Development Authority Yadav Singh was arrested by the (CBI) on Wednesday last over corruption charges.
- Singh was earlier summoned by the CBI for questioning in adisproportionate asset case.
- He is considered close to ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) government of Uttar Pradesh and was facing serious corruption charges.
- Cases under section 409, 420, 466, 467, 469, 481 and under Prevention of Corruption Act were registered against Yadav.
Income Tax raid:
- The income tax raid on his properties on November 27,2014 revealed many things
- IT department recovered Rs 10 crores in cash.
- Two kilograms of diamond-studded gold ornaments were also recovered.
- Raid revealed that 40 companies were registered in the name of his wife Kusum Lata.