Wrist of a girl replanted after a miraculous surgery in Noida
Noida: In a landmark surgery, the doctors at a renowned hospital in Noida have succeeded in replanting the wrist of a small girl, after 12 hours of microsurgery, on Friday, April 29.
The seven years old Priya Bharadwaj, had lost her wrist in an accident but in a miraculous surgery her hand could be saved.
- Priya Bhardwaj is a resident of Noida who met an accident when her left hand came under a fodder cutting machine.
- The girl child lost her whole wrist and was left with just a thumb attached to her skin.
- Priya underwent a twelve hours long microsurgery in which each of her nerves, arteries, veins and tissues were replanted.
- The doctors claim that her wrist would be able to work properly in two to three months.
What is Replantation:
- Dr. Abhishek Sharma, Reconstructive Surgeon, said that re-plantation is the widely used method in medical science for reconstruction of a body part.
- He said that this method helps the patient's body part to work in the same manner as it had been working earlier.
- The surgeon also stated that Priya underwent a microscopic surgery so that her minute nerves and tissues could be reconstructed properly.