Woman up in arms against MLA, seeks justice for raped daughter
Kanpur: A woman has accused the city police, the administration and a local Samajwadi Party (SP) Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) of preventing justice for her daughter who was raped by a history–sheeter and his accomplice in Kanpur of Uttar Pradesh.
According to Ishrat (changed name), Aseem and Anil Kureel had raped her six-year-old daughter Zeba (changed name) in 2015. Thereafter, she had lodged a complaint against the two in Chakeri police station and they were even arrested by the police. The victim had also identified them while they were under police custody but later, the rapists were freed on the behest of MLA Irfan Solanki.
Ishrat has now come out on city roads with Zeba to protest against the police as well as Solanki. They can be seen wearing veils on Kanpur roads with a poster having Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s photograph on it and the poster reads, “Balatkariyon Ko Phaasi Do” (hang the rapists to death).
- Ishrat lives in Jajmau locality under Chakeri police station of Kanpur.
- According to Ishrat, the Kanpur police as well as the administration have been ignoring the victim since last one year.
- Ishrat has also alleged that she received a death threat from the accused rapists.
- Ishrat said she was tired of running from pillar to post to get justice for her daughter.
- She seeks help from the CM and wants him to intervene in the matter.