Embarrassment: Who invited Poonam Pandey to CMXI Vs IASXI match
Lucknow: Crores of the public money was spent to deck up the list of celebrities invited to please political bosses and the bureaucrats to witness cricket match between the teams of Chief Minister and the officers as part of the IAS week celebrations. In return, the Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and the officers received huge embarrassment as one of 'celebs' was controversial model-turned-actor Poonam Pandey.
The moot question is doing rounds without any valid reply as who invited Poonam Pandey, the controversial model and actor who had promised to strip on India’s win in Cricket World Cup of 2011, to the high-profile cricket match between Uttar Pradesh CM eleven Vs Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer eleven at La Martiniere ground in Lucknow on Sunday.
It was not only her presence at the match but her post-match tweet, which was deleted after reactions on social media, surprised everyone which said “had a gr8 time at IGCL in Lucknow” tagging Mandiara Bedi, who was also present at the match and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. It was bound to upset the bureaucracy as this was a customary but high-profile match and not Indian Grameen Cricket league match as mentioned in the tweet.
Huge money spent on celebrities:
- It is gathered by 'newztrack.com' that crores were spent to pay the celebrities just to be present during the match.
- The celebrities mostly from television included Mandira Bedi, Poonam Pandey, Sameeksha, Veera, Jaideep Ahlawat, Luv Patra ,Harshali and Swati.
- Huge amounts was spent on their air-fare , lodging and fee.
- On Mandira Bedi alone, approximately 20 to 25 lakh was spent while the amount on Poonam Pandey figured about 12-15 lakh, unconfirmed sources revealed.
Poonam Pandey at CM XI vs. IAS officers XI match:
- Why controversial model-actor Poonam Pandey was present at such gathering.
- Who invited her was never known.
- The CM secretariat was also not aware of her presence.
- Her presence coincided with another controversy by a Pakistan model Baloch who was seemingly inspired by her and made ‘stripping’ statement on Indo-Pak T20 match like she did in 2011.
- A CM secretariat officer admits it was embarrassing to have her as a guest in the match.
- Even CM, who is generally inclined towards the Bollywood, was not amused by her presence.
Read this also Video: Laanat Hai ! Desperate Pak model Baloch tells Afridi
Organisers also running away:
- UP State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDC), the organiser of the match is also not forthcoming on the issue.
- No officer is coming on records to say anything about Poonam Pandey.
- Some say may be the event manager had invited her.
- Every year during the IAS week, a match between the teams of Chief Minister and IAS officers is played.
- This was the first time that some celebrities were invited at a closed group match.
- The actor and anchor Mandira Bedi was also present.
- The presence of Poonam Pandey, though raised some eyebrows.
Who is Poonam Pandey:
- A small time actor who adopted controversial antics to remain in limelight.
- She had announced to go nude if India wins World Cup in 2011.
- A similar statement by a Pakistan model raked up the issue again.
- Pak model was nicknamed as ‘Poonam Pandey of Pakistan’.