Wanted terrorist Burhan Wani killed in J&K encounter
Srinagar: Hizbul Mujahideen’s poster boy Burhan Wani has been killed along with his two accomplices during a gun fight with the security forces at Kokernag village in Anantnag district on Friday.
Security forces acted on information provided by high-placed sources about Wani’s presence in the area. Director General of J&K Police, K Rajendra describes the killing of wanted Guerrilla commander as a major feat for the security forces.
Militants retaliated at security forces:
- Militants along with Burhan Wani were hiding inside a house located in the area
- Militants launched gunfire at security forces
- Three militants including Wani was killed
- Curfew has been imposed in Wani’s native Pulwama district
- Burhan Wani carried a reward of Rs one million on his head