Another Wani who emerges on Kashmir sky as a saviour!!!
Srinagar: ‘What’s in the name?’ The famous saying of Shakespeare has proved true for a namesake of a terrorist in Jammu and Kashmir, who has set an example for the youths of the valley.
At the time when Jammu and Kashmir is engulfed in the violence following encounter of Hijbul terrorist Burhan Wani, another youth with a surname of Wani came up with pleasant news to turbulent Kashmir. Nabeel Ahmad Wani, a resident of Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir, has made his state proud by topping the examination of assistant commandant in Border Security Forces (BSF).
A B.tech graduate, Nabeel, who is currently serving as a junior engineer in Udhampur, said “it was his dream to join the defense forces and serve the country which has now been fulfilled.”
Rajnath Singh congratulates Wani:
- Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh, posted a picture of his meeting with Wani and congratulated him, saying that that his success story will inspire many girls and boys of the Valley and shows that J&K youth has a lot of potential.
Talking about the success of her son, Wani’s mother Hanifa Begum, said that she was very happy and was sure that he will work with honesty and dedication and will bring laurels to the country.
Wani has a message for Kashmir youths:
- The newly appointed BSF officer has urged the Kashmir-men to focus on better education which could only be possible by holding pens and not stones.
- “I will urge you to take the right path; do something for your country and your motherland so that your country and motherland are recognized all over world. You all should follow your dreams and fulfill the aim of your life, but don’t take any wrong path for that. Taking a wrong path is easier, but it’s difficult to follow a right path. But, at the end, only those people are successful who take the right path,” Wani said.
- The boy has
- “The more we get education, the better and more jobs we will get. We cannot get education by taking to stones but by holding a pen,” stated the Kashmir boy.
About Nabeel Ahmad Wani:
- Wani had first sat for the BSF assistant commandant test in 2013, however, was unable to clear it back then.
- The Kashmir lad had lost his father, Rafiq Ahmad, who was a school teacher, two years ago.
- He was serving as a junior engineer in Udhampur.
- He had completed his B.Tech in 2012 from Pathankot, prior to which he did his senior secondary education from NITL Higher Secondary School in Udhampur.
- Nabeel, being a big brother, had chosen his father’s path to up-bring and educate his sister well. He would earn money by teaching other kids and would send funds to his sister studying engineering in Chandigarh.
- He had also won a government minority scholarship for higher education.