UP govt announces 24 hrs electricity for district headquarters, 18 hrs for villages
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has decided a time limit for supplying electricity to the different areas of Uttar Pradesh.
While 24 hours electricity supply has been assured to the district headquarters Tehsils will get at least electricity for 20 hours and villages for 18 hours from April 14. It could be recalled that April 14 is the date when the Uttar Pradesh government will sign the ‘Power for All Agreement’ with the Centre.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has ordered a slew of measures for the people including uninterrupted supply of electricity in villages across the state between 6pm and 6am on Friday. The decision was part of other initiatives directed by the government at a late night meeting with top cabinet ministers in the capital city on Thursday last.
CM Adityanath has also directed officials to ensure there is no discrimination in power distribution in both rural and urban areas.
What UP Power minister Piyush Goyal said:
- The government’s foremost priority is to keep a check of electricity theft in the state.
- Closed sugar mills will soon be re-opened.
- CM Yogi Adityanath and other responsible government authorities of national highway project have met the NHAI to assure a speedy work.
- Many projects of previous government have been delayed which would be given a re-start with full speed.
- Five lakh new electricity connections will distributed in the state in the next 100 days.
- The faulty transformers in urban areas would be replaced within 24 hours and in rural areas within 48 hours.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana should be implemented as soon as possible efficient methods to reduce power theft are to be ensured.
- Setting up of solar plants on rooftops of homes in cities should be given a push.
- Other modes of generating additional electricity should also be brought under the consideration of the government.
It is worth mentioning Uttar Pradesh Power Minister Srikant Sharma is likely to hold a meeting with Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal in this regard.