US administration confident about India's NSG membership
Washington: Despite China’s adamant stand against India over the NSG row and in spite of an inconclusive conference in Seoul, the US administration still stresses confidence over India’s inclusion into the NSG group by the end of the year.
What US said?
- Obama administration said that there is path forward for India to become a full member of Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG)
- India would be included in NSG by the end of 2016
- US administration refused to divulge details of the meeting among the NSG members as it tagged it as utmost ‘confidential’
US referred Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR)
- US said that like NSG, India was included in MTCR after much discussions within its members countries
- India became a member of MTCR group recently
- India’s entry in MTCR was discussed for months among its members