SC rulings over Taj come under severe violation by UP govt
Agra: The rulings of Supreme Court and National Green Tribunal (NGT) have been openly flouted at the behest of Uttar Pradesh government during the second edition of Taj Balloon Festival here.
Uttar Pradesh Tourism in association with Sky Waltz company has organized Balloon Festival from Nov 25 to Nov 30 in Taj city of Agra.
As per the guidelines of the Supreme Court and NGT, diesel vehicles are not allowed to commute in the ambit of 500 metres from the Taj Mahal. Also, the entry of common man is strictly prohibited at certain areas around Taj along the River Yamuna, which these days is observing several diesel vehicles making rounds day and night.
Also, the balloons were about to fly from PAC ground but as tourists cannot get a glimpse of the Taj from near, it has now been decided that the Balloons will take off from Hathighat.
Other controversies related to the Agra Balloon Festival:
- Few Balloons landed in the farm lands, hence ruining the crops.
- NGT, State and Central governments are committed towards cleaning of rivers and are spending thousands of crores for it
- Akhilesh Government, however in the wake of promoting tourism in the state, ignored all the rules.
What Sky Waltz Company said :
- Samit Garg of Sky Waltz Company sought to deny that any violation of SC rules had taken place.
- He claimed that scene of activities was 900 metres from Tajmahal while the ruling is restricted to within 500 metres hence did not amount to violation.
- All the farmers were duly compensated in whose fields the landed or ruined the crops .
Surprisingly, no UP government official has been forthcoming in giving official version or clarifying the position despite repeated efforts by 'newstrack.com' correspondent.