UP Governor bats for fixed duty hours of police personnel
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Governor Raim Naik on Friday advocated the weekly off and regularised duty hours for police personnel saying why the police cannot have fixed timings like other services.
Inspecting the customary parade on the occasion of Police Week at Police Lines, he said had Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav been present here, he would have made the appeal on behalf of the police to grant them weekly off. '' I understand the job requirements of police are very demanding which needs to be streamlined,'' he added.
- The proposal for weekly off to police peronnel is under consideration.
- " I strongly recommend weekly off for policemen,'' he said amid thunderous applause.
- The Governor said he realised the policemen did not have time to take their food,at times.
- Every department has fixed duty hours then why not police, Ram Naik opines.
- UP police has a challenging job at hand. It needs modernisation, he adds.